This performance with puppets and masks, for adult audiences, is a mystery play, based on the idea ‘ Panta Rhei’, everything flows eternally…, a thread, that connects the short scenes in a poetical manner.
In the velvet travelling theatre set the spectator is offered a visual form puppetry without lyrics. The performance is built up with different movement techniques, set in a fascinating sound, with surprising contrasts in dimensions.
The performance sets of with a shadowplay, undefinable movements and the illusion of flowing water.. a space full of energy – in it a small figure that becomes more clear from without its own shadow… two small hand puppets are playing with gravity…
An almost ritual, magical tension takes the spectator on journey.
Panta Rhei II
Creation and direction: Charlotte Puijk-Joolen
Puppets and Masks: Charlotte Puijk-Joolen
Artistic Advice: Henk Boerwinkel
Performance: Charlotte Puijk-Joolen
Lights and Technical Support: Roel Puijk
- “PUCK” Festival – Cluj Napoca/ Roumania, the 1st Prize of the Festival
- “11th World Festival of puppet art” – Praag/ Tsjech Republic, 2nd Prize.
- “PIF” Festival – Zagreb/ Kroatia, the ‘Award for Best Acting’
- “PIF Festival – Zagreb/ Kroatia, the ‘Award for Best Light Design’
- “PIERROT” Festival – Stara Zagora/ Bulgaria, the ‘Award For Best Acting’
- “ANIMA” Festival – Kharkiv/ Ukraïne, the 1st Prize of the Festival, for best performance.
- “LUTKE” Festival – Ljubljana/ Slovenia, the ‘Award for Best Acting, Manipulation and Creativity’.